Lake Hawkins is a popular gathering spot for friendly bass fishing competitors from as far away as Dallas. In fact, there is one specific set of tournaments that take place weekly from Spring through Fall.
Lake Hawkins Boat Ramps
Local Fishing Guides
- Big Dave’s East Texas Guide Service – 903-780-4154
- David Christensen – 903-497-7179
- Alex Guthrie of Fly Fish Fork ($450/day) – 469-446-8508
- Rich Stringer – 602-690-0803
Lake Hawkins Tournament Facebook page
Lake Hawkins Record Fish Weights
Texas Fishing License
A Texas Fishing License is required to fish Lake Hawkins.
Here’s a list of the closest places to get one…
- State Park Grocery – 18 miles (across from Tyler State Park)
- Walmart Supercenter, Lindale – 21 miles
- Walmart Supercenter, Mineola – 21 miles
- Walmart Supercenter, Tyler – 27 miles